Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Great Alley Adventure


Dusk is my favorite time of day. The light is soft and warm. It shines so gently on everything that it makes even concrete look inviting.

This evening at dusk I went for a jaunt through the neighborhood alleys. Since moving to Tucson, I've gained such an appreciation and fascination of alleys. They are left a little wild, a little unkempt, a little wabi-sabi since they are so often out of sight and out of the minds of many.

But to me, alleys are a wonderland of glorious discoveries...a place were lizards and quail roam, cactus grow unhindered, weeds are left to their own device, walls start to crumble and paint gives way to time. All this creates delicious textures that make me want to savor every glance.

Here are a few discoveries from this evenings adventure:
These lucky people have their house facing the alley.

I have to admit, finding this threw me for a loop.


I am sure there will be more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment