Sunday, October 26, 2008

If you build it, they will come...

I've resurfaced from the dark hole called studio. Hope you didn't forget I exist and leave me forever.

Last week was a rather long one--good, but long. We finished up our final project and the last studio of my three year Landscape Architecture student career. Friday was the presentation and it went well. I was scared to death, I have to admit, but after it was over I even got a compliment on my presentation skills. Boo-ya.

It's sort of bitter sweet to be done. On the one hand, I can now focus on my thesis and have a bit more time for other things. On the other hand, I've made such good friends in this program and I will miss not seeing them everyday or working on projects with them.

On another note, I wanted to share with you the fun that N and I had at the Tucson Audubon Society last weekend. We learned a little about creating bird habitat and then went on to build one on the side of their office and the historic YMCA. It's looking rather meager right now, but trust me, as it grows it's going to be fabulous bird habitat. I don't have a picture of the front of their offices, but that area is lush and looking great. It's only a matter of time before this one fills in as well. The big swales are going to help these plants get a lot (for the desert) of water and grow, grow, grow. Maybe I'll get to come back next year with updated pictures so we can all see the progress.

Here's a few pics from the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment